*Some links on teakshowermats.com are Amazon affiliate links, and if you use them to make a purchase, we may earn affiliate commissions (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
Having a teak shower floor can transform the look of your bathroom, and it can do it amazingly.
So, if you are tired of your boring, plain bathroom, or if it looks embarrassing to anyone who uses it, and you feel the need to change it, then you need to have a teak make-over done for your bathroom.
- Get the ultimate feel of a spa shower experience with SeaTeak
- Made from the sustainable teak plantation with excellent craftsmanship and design
- product guarantees you durability and sturdiness that’ll last for years
- This teak shower floor is the best combination of price, performance, and quality that you can get which makes it our most preferred choice.
The wood has got some natural oils that enable it to resist mold and mildew. This means, you don’t have to use that cold hard tile in your bathroom; having a shower floor that is built with teak will make your bathroom look much exotic compared to using tiles.
It will also enable you to bring that richness and warmth linked with wood, into your bathroom.
Best Teak Wood Shower Floor On The Market
|SeaTeak 60022 Teak Shower Floor Mat||Buy On Amazon|
|Utoplike Teak Wood Floor Mat Square, Large||Buy On Amazon|
|FUJI STRING SPA||Buy On Amazon|
|Bare Decor Zen Spa||Buy On Amazon|
|AquaTeak The Original Spa||Buy On Amazon|
|Facilehome Teak Wood Bath Shower Floor||Buy On Amazon|
|Nordic Style Oiled Teak Wood String||Buy On Amazon|
To find the best teak wood shower floor for you, I reviewed a good number of products basing on the following set of criteria:
- Quality of wood
- Availability of sizes
- Safety features
5 Things To Look For When Buying Teak Shower Floor Inserts
To avoid common mistakes while buying teak shower floor inserts, certain things should not escape your attention.
Below, I have listed the five most important things to consider before purchasing any kind of teak wood floor insert.
Good drainage – To keep your floor safe and durable look for an insert that allows water to drain away quickly and smoothly.
Price point – Though you need not burn your wallet, compromising the teak wood shower quality for a few inconsequential bucks can prove to be a disaster in the long run.
Versatility – If you plan to use your teak shower floor insert interchangeably for your indoor or outdoor shower, spa, sauna, etc, look for one that has versatile qualities.
Colors – You can find inserts in different finishes and colors. So, consider matching your insert with other teak furniture, if any.
Below is the reviewed list of the seven best teak wood shower floors I found.
SeaTeak Shower or Door Mat with Oiled FinishCheck Price On Amazon
This is my favorite teak shower floor insert as it has everything that a wood mat should have.
The insert comes in three shapes – square, rectangle, and triangle. Therefore, depending on the shape of your shower floor, you can pick a suitable one.
All the inserts have a raised platform of around 1.5 inches and come with the following dimensions:
- Square: 20 x 20 inches
- Rectangle: 32 x 20 inches
- Triangle: 24 x 24 inches
The inserts have a sleek and stylish design that is comfortable on the feet. The insert’s grip on the floor is very solid, so there’s no likelihood of slipping.
It is advisable that you oil the insert occasionally to maintain the finish and the color. The insert’s surface dries quickly.
- Made from the sustainable teak plantation
- Versatile for both indoor and outdoor use
- Platform surface is immaculately sanded making it very comfortable to stand on without any slippage
- Compared to the images on the net, it looks better in real life
- High resistance to mold and dirt
- Limited weight support up to 250 lbs
Teak Bath Floor Shower by UtoplikeCheck Price On Amazon
Claimed as the #1 best-selling teak shower floor mat on Amazon, this product is individually hand-crafted out of eco-friendly natural teak wood.
It comes in two rectangular variants – folding and non-folding. The non-folding variant has dimensions of 21” x 14” x 1”, and the foldable dimension is 27.5” x 20” x 0.25”.
This one has a comfortable and slip-proof surface that is both mildew and water-resistant, thereby making it easy to maintain.
The bath mat is designed to be durable and skid-resistant in moist and damp environments such as shower, bathroom, and outdoor areas.
- Mat dries quickly
- It has a smooth and comfortable surface
- It is sturdy and flexible making it excellent for uneven surfaces
- It grips reasonably well with the ground which allows for safe stepping out of the shower or bath
- The smell of the teak wood when wet may not be pleasing
- Despite its claim for slip-proof, slipping tendencies may occur while using this it.
Bare Décor Fuji String SpaCheck Price On Amazon
This teak wood shower floor mat from Bare Décor can be rolled up for easy storage, portability, and cleaning.
It comes without a raised platform and a squared dimension of 30” x 30”. The dimensions of this product when rolled-up is 31” x 6” making it consume minimal floor space.
This teak wood shower floor mat has an oiled finish and is suitable for use in a shower, spa, bathroom, pool, sauna, deck, patio, and boat.
Made from genuine solid teak wood, sturdiness and durability is a feature of this teak wood shower floor. Purchasing it, therefore, will be a good investment.
- The portability of this teak wood shower floor is an excellent feature
- It provides a warm and secure footing
- Can be a perfect fit for a beach house outdoor shower
- The dark color of this product should conveniently match with anything
- It may be a little high on the budget
Bare Décor Zen Shower, Spa, Door MatCheck Price On Amazon
This teak wood shower floor mat is another excellent product from Bare Décor with a lower price point and high-quality teak wood.
It comes in a rectangle shape with dimensions of 31.5” in length and 19.5” in width with a raised platform height of about 1.5”.
The size is relatively large, so you should measure the space before you purchase the product. Apart from that, the teak can withstand both indoor and outdoor use.
If you are looking to purchase a mat, this teak wood shower floor mat is a much better option than rugs as it dries off quickly and is more durable.
- The price point and the quality of this teak wood shower floor are unbeatable
- It is comfortable to stand on with no slippery feeling
- It is easy to clean up and handles water like a pro
- Well constructed with beautiful wood finish
- Raised platforms are generally not safe for children as they can stumble and fall
- The screws attaching the slats appear to be weak which causes it to loosen, though the teak wood itself is of good quality
AquaTeak The Original SpaCheck Price On Amazon
Coming at a small rectangular shape with a size of 23”(L) x 15”(W) x 0.75(H), this teak shower floor panel is an ideal choice for those looking for a shower or bath tube.
Made from sustainable teak wood, this gorgeous product can be used to add a beautiful touch of nature for both indoor as well as outdoor purposes.
This teak shower floor panel features an anti-skid and slip-resistant rubber grip that provides added stability to anyone who steps on it.
AquaTeak offers a five-year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee with this panel which demonstrates the confidence they have on their product.
Prospective buyers may, however, be made aware that this product is not intended for use inside your shower.
- The product features stainless steel non-corroding hardware for longevity and durability
- The quality of wood per se is strong and durable
- The company provides excellent customer service
- The design and looks of this panel are topnotch
- Due to the absence of a minimal platform, it may attract mold if not treated appropriately on occasions
Facilehome Large Folding Shower FloorCheck Price On Amazon
Another excellent product that you can consider buying is the foldable teak wood shower floor mat from Soothing Styles.
This company has been known to manufacture its products from 100% teak wood. So, there shouldn’t be any problem when it comes to the rotting and decaying of this product.
This rectangular teak wood shower floor mat is intended only for indoor use, and you can use it anywhere in your bathroom, shower, vanity, or kitchen.
It has a 27.5” x 19.5” dimension that is equipped with 72 anti-slip pads to ensure optimum stability and security when you step foot on this mat.
- The color variation on the product adds a beautiful appearance
- The flexibility can easily conform to the bottom of a bathtub of any size
- The teak cubes provide a great feeling when barefoot
- The roll-up feature makes it easy to clean
- Uneven floors with bulges can cause discomfort as the teak cubes will bulge in some sections. For instance on pebbled floors
Nordic Style Shower and Bath FloorCheck Price On Amazon
If a simple yet classy and elegant teak wood shower mat to go with your bathroom is your preferred choice, look no further.
With a rectangular shape and size of 30” x 24”, this teak wood shower mat should be considered as a replacement for your bathroom rugs.
The bath mat comes fully assembled with anti-slip rubber pads for superior stability.
You can expect this teak shower floor mat to be durable and long-lasting as the teak wood is directly from a solid teak plantation.
The slats are also designed in such a way to wick water away with no trouble.
- The medium brown finish on the product blends well with any bathroom style
- Luxurious spa-looking
- The vented mat helps in retarding the growth of fungus
- Attractive price point with sturdy and stylish construction
- It is quite larget, so you may want to first get the measurement of the space you desire to place it on
Different uses of teak shower floor panels
Due to the versatility of teak shower floor panels, there are countless ways to use them to make your home look more exciting and luxurious.
- You need not use panels only as bathroom accessories. Depending on their functionality, you can use them in your kitchen as well to add more depth and aesthetic value.
- Teak shower floor panels also look great when used as outdoor shower floors, poolside, sauna, spa, door, boat, deck mat, and also for any other wet areas.
Though teak requires minimal maintenance and is naturally more resistant to bacteria and mildew, some build-up can occur from soap residue, minerals, or other impurities from water.
- To keep your floor well maintained, it is, therefore, advisable that you clean it every three months with a good teak cleansing oil and a soft-bristled brush.
- If you’re using it outdoors where there is continuous exposure to the natural elements, you may want to perform more maintenance work on your floor.
- You can also use commercial teak cleaners to remove stubborn discolorations or mildew.
With regular cleaning of your teak shower floor panel, it will continue to look attractive for many years.
A little history – identifying Bona Fide Teak
Now, to create a teak makeover for your bathroom, that is, having teak items and other floor inserts.
You need to be able to identify authentic teak because using bona fide teak will help you have the best, sturdy and long-lasting floor and other shower floor inserts that are perfect for the wet, warm and muggy surrounding of a spa, steam bath, or any other bathing area.
Now, we’ll take a look at how to identify bona fide teak to be able to create a long-lasting shower floor. Teak is a deciduous tropical hardwood from the mint family. It is native to Southeast and South Asia although it primarily grows in monsoon forest foliage.
Being in the mint family makes teak an aromatic wood, in fact, teak gives off an aroma that is reminiscent of leather when it is freshly worked. It also has a lot of species and one of the most common ones is the Common Teak -obviously- with the scientific name of Tectona Grandis. The Tectona grandis is the most used of all teak species.
Other species include the hamiltonian from Myanmar/Burma and the Philippines is from the Philippines; these species are very rare and are rarely used.
So if you are having a teak floor, purchasing this type, or any other insert, then you need to be sure that your product is made of original common teak.
If you are using common teak, make sure it is raised on restricted plantations that protect scarce trees, rain forests and afford viable silva culture for the native populations.
A common one is equipped with a yellow-brown color and superior textures and grains. When exposed to an outside environment, that is, sunlight and atmospheric condition, in a few months, it will change its color to silver grey.
The color change doesn’t mean it is going to diminish the character of your teak floor, teak floor inserts or any other teak furnishing you have. Neither will it lose its sturdiness. The silver-grey color blends and contrasts superbly with most bathrooms and plants.
Teak Shower Floor Inserts
Having teak shower floor inserts added to your shower floor will make your bathroom more glorious. Besides this, if you just want a little touch of this wood and don’t want a full makeover, then having floor inserts is good.
Shower inserts that are square or rectangular in shape can be used outside your shower or bath. You can use them in place of the old-style fabric shower mat. Just step out of your bath and dry yourself off.
You will get a luxurious feeling under your feet, and you will also feel impressed when you walk into your shower and see this lying on the floor. They come in different forms and sizes to fit your bathroom space.
Another shower insert is the teak stand. You get more storage space to put your towels and your other bath products with these freestanding shelving units.
Although you will see most of these units are corner units, you can also find the normal four-legged stands if that is what you want.
With these types of products, you get that spa feeling, you can place some cool scented large candles on the shelves with your rolled-up towels.
Teak Shower Floor Mats
Anyone that uses your bathroom will always be awed and impressed whenever they take a bath in your bathroom but that is if you have a shower floor built with the teak wood shower floor.
Having teak replace the old plastic or tile shower floor is one improvement you will love a lot.
When your shower floor is built with teak, it will look like a platform, equipped with spaces in between the teak wood slats.
This will allow water from your bath to flow into the shower’s drain. The wood will have to be cut to fit your floor cleanly if the cut is done properly, the fitting will be snug. No matter what kind of floor you have, having one made with teak will be amazing.
Building a wooden shower floor
As said earlier, teak is a moisture-resistant wood that is naturally found in the plantations of South East Asia.
The resin teak is equipped with makes it bend instead of break when the wood is put under pressure. This factor contributes to why teak is one of the strongest woods in the world.
By creating a shower floor with teak, you are essentially overlaying an existing shower floor that is waterproof since the slats of the teak will stay over the drain and are not waterproof.
Want to replace that standard shower stall with a more sophisticated and beautiful bathroom? Then this is the right thing for you.
What You’ll Need:
- A table saw
- 1 by 2-inch teak slats
- Measuring tape
- 2 inch galvanized wood screws
- Double-sided carpet tape
- First, you will need to measure the inside of your teak wood shower floor to know the depth and the width of your teak floor.
Once this has been done, you’ll cut your 1 by 2-inch teak slats as long or as short as the measurement of your floor, less one and a half inches for the end trim; you’ll do this with the table saw.
For you to know how to cut, just divide the floor’s measurement by 1.5 and you’ll know the number of 1-inch slats you’ll use in between the half-inch space.
- Step two; you’ll cut strips of your double-sided carpet tape and lay them out, six inches apart. The laying out should be done on an area that is as wide as the shower floor. You will then set the slats on tape, half an inch apart.
- Step three deals with the teak trim. You will cut 2 end sections of your teak trim and make sure the measurement is 1/2 by 2 inches; this will be as long as the length measurement of your teak floor. Now, you’ll hold the trim against the end of the slat.
- Now it’s time to use your drill -step four. You’ll drill two pilot holes on the ends to match up the teak slats and screw them up in place. You’ll do the screwing with your two inches galvanized wood screws.
- In step five, you are going to drill your remaining pilot holes into the slats, through the trim. You will make it two for each slat then you’ll screw them into place once the holes are done. Repeat this for the second side.
- Lastly, lift your teak wood from the tape and place it down on your shower floor. There, now you know how to go about making teak shower floor mats for your shower or bath.
And that’s it on the teak shower floor. Do not forget, if you are looking for a classic, luxurious and sophisticated way to improve your bathroom, teak is one of the best resources you can use; awe yourself and anyone who uses your bathroom. Use Teak!
Teak wood showers are an excellent alternative to indoor or outdoor mats. They are environment-friendly and certainly add more depth, beauty, luxury, and design elements to your home.
If you have any doubts or require information or opinion on any product, feel free to write to us.