*Some links on teakshowermats.com are Amazon affiliate links, and if you use them to make a purchase, we may earn affiliate commissions (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
When it comes to bathroom accessories, teak shower mats are probably not the first choice of many people, as there are plenty of cheaper options.
They may seem like a fancy trend in modern spas, but they’re much more than just that.
Though they do look stylish and give a Zen-like atmosphere, they make sure that you’re also very safe in your bathroom.
With an anti-slip bath mat, you get to avoid all this and it will serve you longer than probably any other wooden bath mat. All this justifies its higher price compared to ordinary mats.
Best Teak Shower and Bath Mat on the Market
|Bare Decor Giza Shower Spa Mat, 36" x 20"||Buy On Amazon|
|SeaTeak Oiled Finish||Buy On Amazon|
|Bare Decor Zen Shower, 31.5" x 19.5"||Buy On Amazon|
|Bare Decor Fuji String, 30" x 30"||Buy On Amazon|
|Bare Decor Erika Corner Mat, 30" x 30"||Buy On Amazon|
|AquaTeak The Original Grate, 23.2" x 15.8"||Buy On Amazon|
|Dania Corner Shower Spa Mat, 24" x 24"||Buy On Amazon|
|TeakCraft Shower Mat, 23 Inch Non-Sliding||Buy On Amazon|
|EZ-Floor Interlocking Flooring Tiles (Set of 10)||Buy On Amazon|
|Belari Wood Bath Mat (Zen)||Buy On Amazon|
Due to their massive popularity and bulky availability in the market at present, it was hard for me to pick the best teak bath mat.
Every one of these had its pros and cons, but ultimately it came down to which item delivered the most value for money.
Other than that I paid close attention to the build quality, type of material used, design, and water draining vents to put together this list.
Main Teak Bath Mat Features to Look For (Quick View)
Purchasing a teak wood mat can be met with a lot of skepticism. But, that’s only true if you don’t know how to purchase the right one that fits your bathroom. Here are some of the crucial features that you should look for:
10 Best Teak Shower Mat Products (Find and Compare Model)
Bare Decor Giza Shower Spa Mat
As I already mentioned earlier, this product is overall the best teak shower mat that I reviewed. It is not too expensive, yet it delivers and does what it’s supposed to do with minimal difficulty. If you want a quality one with the best value for money, this is the one for you!
Few items on this list come with a square-shaped design, and this is definitely one of them. While the shape of the mat may be subjective, the square design gives you a better space to keep your feet.
Also, it has a vented-surface design to enable a quick water drain to prevent any kind of slip movement.
- This spa shower mat is made from 100% sustainable and oil wood that promotes its durability and sturdy structure even.
- Its ergonomic design makes it suitable for any type of application such as Patio, Deck, Balconies, walkways, outdoor, etc
- It has a premium finish that enhances its physical appearance and protects it from any outside foreign substances such as insects, mildew, and mold.
The Bare Decor bath mat shower has a dimension of 35.5 x 19.75 inches. The entire product weighs about 10 pounds.
SeaTeak Bath Mat Model
The SeaTeak shower bath mat overcomes the only limitation that the first item had, and that is the anti-slip rubber pads. So with this furniture, you don’t have to worry about any washroom slipping incidents.
- It is made from genuine teak wood, and, hence, it is very durable. It is one of the sturdiest ones on the list.
- The oiled finishing gives it an exquisite and premium spa look.
- The shower bath mat has an abundant foot resting area, and the use of multiple small blocks of wood distributes the weight evenly
- The teak shower bath is suitable for indoor use such as shower and sauna.
This one has a dimension of 31.5 x 19.75 x 1.5 inches (rectangular design). It weighs just over 9 pounds or 4.09 kg.
Bare Decor Zen Solid Mat Model
Conair is known best for manufacturing some of the best accessories at an aggressive price range. This one is no exception. You can find everything you require from proper teak shower mats with significantly lower pricing when you compare this one with others.
- It is manufactured entirely from 100% solid teak wood that contributes to its durability by a significant duration
- The slip-free footing enables the mat from slipping when kept in any wet conditions
- Due to its natural construction, it has extremely sturdy and rugged characteristics
- Its mineral oil finishing promotes a luxurious and flawless spa appeal
The Bare decor solid teak mat has a dimension of 31.5 x 19.5 x 1.5 inches, and it weighs about 8.6 pounds which is equivalent to 3.9 kg.
Fuji String Spa Furniture
Bare Décor manufactures some of the most exotic-looking teak baths furniture, and so it is of no surprise that they made it to the list. The Bare Décor Fuji shower mat is one of the prime examples of style and functionality.
- The slip-resistant rubber pad on the inner surface provides optimal protection against any slipping episodes, whether it’s inside the shower or outside.
- The Bare Décor Fuji comes fully pre-assembled from the shipment delivery, so you don’t have to worry about the complex assembly process
- The Fuji String teak wood mat is made from Tectona Grandis. This makes it naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Its stylish and classic design makes it ideal for spa, sauna, pool, boat, deck, etc
The Bare Décor Zen has a dimension of 30 x 30 x 1 inch. It weighs around 12.8 pounds which is equivalent to 5.80 kg.
Bare Decor Erica Corner Teak Shower Spa Product
Leave it to Bare Décor to transform your usual and dull bath space into something special. The Bare Décor Erica Corner teak wood bath mat is probably the most exquisite and elegant looking spa mat on the list.
If you are someone who is looking for a stylish bath floor mat with optimal functionality, well, look no further! The Bare décor Erica Corner shower spa mat is your ideal pick.
- The Bare Décor Erica teak shower spa is manufactured from wood that promotes good durability.
- The material is free from any harmful infections such as mildew or mold.
- The oiled finishing promotes an elegant physical appearance and contributes to its premium quality end design
- Its efficient design makes it an ideal shower mat for usage in a multitude of conditions such as sauna, spa, boat, deck, etc.
The dimension of the Bare Décor 30×30 Erica Corner as the name suggests has the dimension of 30 x 30 x 1.5 inches.
AquaTeak Original Grate Classic Design
The AquaTeak wood mat is a good example of a product that is halfway between the traditional bulky teak bath furniture and the foldable wood mat. It has a very good practical application, but it isn’t as heavy as others can be.
- The non-slipping feet design of the AquaTeak Grate is much better than the usual anti-slip feet mechanism that most products use. It uses a stainless steel non-corroding and rubber gripping mechanism that run throughout the entire inner surface.
- It is lightweight, and hence, it allows easy portability factor.
- The superior design has been featured in several Architectural design magazines
The AquaTeak Original Grate Teak has the dimension of 23.25 x 15.75 x 0.75 inches. It weighs only about 4.50 pounds or 2kg.
Dania Corner Shower Spa Design
Danica Corner Modern bath mat is different from the others that I have mentioned until now. All the products before this were all solid teak bath mats, where of course you don’t have the option of folding the mat.
This teak shower mat, on the other hand, is not a flexible and foldable shower mat, that doesn’t allow you to perform the fold/ unfold mechanism.
- It can be used on almost any type of surface due to its flexibility
- It is lightweight and gives a rich warm feeling
- It is very easy to fold and store it away in any corner whenever you want
This beautiful-looking product weighs just over 8 pounds (3.6 kg). It has a dimension of 24 x 24 x 1.75 inches.
TeakCraft Wood Bath Mat Model
As I have stated numerous times in this list, Bare Décor manufactures some of the best-looking solid teak wood mats, but this one is no different! In fact, it is the most unique-looking shower bath on this list.
- Its naturally warm and slip-repellent design imparts optimal stability whenever you stand on it.
- It comes fully pre-assembled from its shipping package, so there is no requirement for assembling the product when it does arrive
- Its design enables it to quickly drain off water and also allows maximum airflow mechanism as well
The TeakCraft has a dimension of 23 x 18 x 1 inch. It weighs about 4 pounds (1.8 kg) which is a bit on the lighter side.
Bare Decor EZ Product (Set Of 10)
There is no peculiar feature or specification about this bath mat that makes it a standout amongst all the others that I have mentioned. But, it ticks all the right boxes, and does what a proper mat is supposed to do, what more do you need?
- It prevents the unit from slipping under any wet conditions (safe for kids)
- Its natural water-resistant design makes it ideal for any type of usage.
- Its lightweight feature promotes excellent portability with minimal upper body strength required to carry it around
This EZ tile weighs just about 2 lbs or 0.9 kg. It features a dimension of 12 x 12 x 1.06 inches.
Belari Wooden Spa Product
This one may be the last that I have reviewed, but it’s certainly not the least practical one. If anything, it is adverse to it. In fact, the Belari luxury teak wood shower mat is one of the best value for money on this list.
- The mineral oil coating finish gives it an elegant finish and promotes a rich and warm color finishing
- Smooth edge finishing promotes security and minimizes the risk of injury in case you stumble on it
The Ollieroo luxury spa bath mat weighs about 7.52 pounds which is equivalent to 3.4 kg. It has a dimension of 23.6 x 15.7 x 1.4 inches.
Reasons To Get Teak Bath Mat (For The Right Price)
Teak mats can serve as a cover for the shower floor or a pad in the tub, either way, they will look great and protect your family from standing and slipping on cold and wet surfaces.
You see, teak wood is a specific material. It is so durable in damp environments that it is mainly used in boat building.
Because of its high content of oil, it is an especially rewarding material for making furniture in damp areas like saunas and poolsides, as well as for the patios and gardens.
It is water, pest, and mold resistant more than any other type of wood, not to mention plastic, textiles, and rubber.
Rubber, plastic, and textiles are a haven for mold and bacteria, which makes them slippery even after one use, as well as a risk for getting various infections on the feet.
High temperature and humidity resistance
High oil content makes teak accessories resistant to high temperatures and humidity. That’s why it is often used for boat decks, outside furniture, in spas, and around pools.
They can literary hold up for years without changing their look or shape and still, you won’t see any cracks in them. Plus teak wood easily dries on its own, so there’s no need to take it outside to dry it.
It has a high content of natural rubber, which makes its surface non-slipping. This makes wood crucial for parts of the room where there is a possibility to slip and injure yourself.
For example, your shower cabin, bathtub, or in front of them, so you don’t slip when you get outside the shower or bath.
This is especially important for children and older members of the family. Most of the teak mats come with anti-slip pads as an additional safety feature.
Teak wood is very durable
Teak wood isn’t prone to cracking because of its flexibility and natural resistance to moisture, heat, and even any weather exposure. Although the price of teak accessories may be somewhat higher than plastic or rubber-made, their lifespan is several times longer.
It will serve its purpose for years and years. That’s why teak-based materials usually come with several years of warranty.
Resistant to molding, bacteria, and fungus
Teak oil stays there for years and acts as a natural repellent for mold, bacteria, and fungus. Unlike plastic and rubber bath mats, teak shower mats won’t become slippery because of the mold, nor will it present a risk for you or your family members to pick some infection from it.
This doesn’t mean that you should not clean your wooden shower math from time to time, but that is also a piece of cake, unlike cleaning from other materials.
How to Clean Teak Wood Bath Mat Quick And Efficient
The maintenance of the teak shower mat is a simple and straightforward method. You don’t have to be an expert to clean your teak bath mats after every usage or at regular intervals. Also, since it is naturally resistant to moisture, mold, and mildews, it does not require frequent attention.
For a quick clean, you can use a mild homemade soap solution and clean it off with a soft bristle brush.
For a more detailed and deeper cleaning option, you can use other teak cleaning materials. These teak cleaners are available in abundance and can be purchased from almost every marketplace.
For more detailed instructions, read our teak mat cleaning guide here.
Pick The Right Teak Bathroom Mat Model Finish
There are a few common options when it comes to finishes. But whether you buy a natural, sealed, or pre-weathered finish, which is the most common option, you can easily renew its look.
Natural or unfinished teak wood, which is originally golden brown, tends to turn to silvery grey color over time.
A sealed look means that the original color of the wood is preserved and it will not turn gray until the finish wears off with time (approximately a few years, depending on its usage). Preweathered finish means that teak was already turned to a silvery color and that silvery look is preserved.
In any case, by simply re-oiling it with teak oil, which you can buy in furniture stores, you can renew its look in a few minutes.
Since the list was about using the teak product furniture, it is only logical if you get to know more about the process of harnessing teak woods. Teak wood is native to Asian countries such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, and some parts of Southeast Asia as well.
It has found enormous application in various fields due to its various natural properties such as:
- Water-resistant: Teak wood is naturally water-resistant which makes them an ideal material for shower mats
- Durability: they have excellent durability, which prevents them from getting damaged over time
- Natural color: their rich and vibrant color gives them a premium appearance, and makes them an ideal material for furniture’s and bath mats
- Oil content: It has a very high oil concentration which prevents them from decaying or aging quickly
It also exists in different forms depending on its location. Some of the types of teak wood are
- Tectona Grandis
- Philippine Teak
- Dahat Teak
- Bojonegoro Teak
- Banuywangi Teak
Purchasing a teak shower mat is a big deal! After all, you are diverting away from the traditional rug/rubber mat that we have grown so accustomed to. This review list should give you a clear idea about what features you need to prioritize when you are considering buying a teak bath mat.
All the products mentioned on the list are all great value for money. You can find your ideal pick depending on the type of material you are looking for or depending on your budget range.