*Some links on teakshowermats.com are Amazon affiliate links, and if you use them to make a purchase, we may earn affiliate commissions (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
When it comes to bathroom accessories, teak bath and shower mats are probably not the first choice of many people, as there are plenty of cheaper options. They may seem like a fancy trend in modern spas, but they’re much more than just that.
If you don’t want to go through the entire review list, I will recommend you to check out The House of Teak Shower Mat on Amazon.
Out of all the teak bath mat products that I reviewed, I found this to be the best in terms of price to quality aspect.
It doesn’t cost as much, and still executes its job of keeping you safe as well.
Though they do look stylish and give a Zen-like atmosphere, they make sure that you’re also very safe in your bathroom.
With an anti-slip bath mat, you get to avoid all this and it will serve you longer than probably any other wooden bath mats. All this justifies its higher price compared to ordinary bathroom mats.
Best Teak Shower and Bath Mat on the Market
Due to their massive popularity and bulky availability in the market at present, it was hard for me to pick the best teak bath mat products.
Every product had its pros and cons, but ultimately it came down to which products delivered the most value for money.
Other than that I paid close attention to the product’s build quality, type of material used, design, and water draining vents to put together this list.
Main Teak Bath Mat Features to look for
Purchasing a teak wood mat can be met with a lot of skepticism. But, that’s only true if you don’t know how to purchase the right product that fits your bathroom. Here are some of the crucial features that you should look for in a teak bath mat:
Top 10 best Teak Shower Mat Products on Amazon
As I already mentioned earlier, this product is overall the best teak shower mat that I reviewed. It is not too expensive, yet it delivers and does what it’s supposed to do with minimal difficulty. If you want a teak bath mat with the best value for money, this is the product for you!
Few products on this list come with a square-shape design, and this product is one of them. While the shape of the mat may be subjective, the square design gives you a better space to keep your feet.
Also, it has the vented-surface design to enable a quick water drain to prevent any kind of slip movement.
- The House of Teak Shower Mat is made from 100% sustainable and handcrafted wood that promotes its durability and sturdy structure.
- Its ergonomic design makes it suitable for any type of outdoor applications such as Patio, Deck, Balconies, walkways, etc
- It has a premium finish that enhances its physical appearance and protects it from any outside foreign substances such as insects, mildew, and mold.
The House of Teak Shower Mat has the dimension of 19.75 x 19.75 x 1 inch. The entire unit weighs about 5.2 pounds or 2.36 kg.
The SeaTeak Shower mat overcomes the only limitation that the first product had, and that is the anti-slip rubber pads. So with this product, you don’t have to worry about any bathroom slipping incidents.
- The SeaTeak bath mat is made from genuine teak wood, and, hence, it is very durable. It is one of the sturdiest products on the list.
- The oiled finishing gives it an exquisite and premium looks.
- The mat has abundant foot resting area, and the use of multiple small blocks of wood distributes the weight evenly
- The SeaTeak shower mat is suitable for both indoor use such as shower, and sauna and outdoor use as well.
This one has a dimension of 31.5 x 19.75 x 1.5 inches (rectangular design). It weighs just over 9 pounds or 4.09 kg.
Conair is known best for manufacturing some of the best bathroom accessories at an aggressive price range. This one is no exception. You can find everything you require from a proper teak shower mats with a significantly lower price tag.
- It is manufactured entirely from 100% solid teak wood that contributes to its durability by a significant duration
- The slip-free footing enables the teak bathroom mat from sipping when kept in any wet floor conditions
- Due to its natural construction, it has an extremely sturdy and rugged characteristics
- Its mineral oil finishing promotes a luxurious and flawless appeal
The Conair home solid teak bathroom mat has the dimension of 21 x 14 x 1.2 inches, and it weighs about 5.05 pounds which is equivalent to 2.29 kg.
Bare Décor manufactures some of the most exotic looking teak bath mats, and so it is of no surprise that their products made it to the list. The Bare Décor Zen shower mat is one of the prime examples of style and functionality.
- The slip-resistant rubber pad on the inner surface provides optimal protection against any slipping episodes, whether it’s inside the shower or outdoors
- The Bare Décor Zen teak bath mat comes fully pre-assembled from the shipment delivery, so you don’t have to worry about the complex assembly process
- The Zen spa teak wood mat is made from Tectona Grandis. This makes it naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Its stylish design makes it ideal for spa, sauna, pool, boat, deck, etc
The Bare Décor Zen teak bath mat has a dimension of 31.5 x 19.5 x 1.5 inches. It weighs around 8.6 pounds which is equivalent to 3.90 kg.
The Hip-o Modern bath mat is different from the products that I have mentioned until now. All the products before this were all solid teak bath mats, where of course you don’t have the option of folding the mat.
Hip-o modern teak shower mat, on the other hand, is a flexible and foldable shower mat, that allows you to perform the fold/ unfold mechanism.
- It is extremely lightweight, due to their foldable design mechanism
- The Hip-o modern teak wood bath mat is manufactured from recycled teak materials, such as from demolished buildings or furniture’s
- It can be used on almost any type of surface due to its flexibility
- It is very easy to fold and store it away in any corner whenever you want
The Hip-o modern product is extremely light weighing only just over 3.6 pounds (1.63 kg). It has the dimension of 27.5 x 19.5 x 0.3 inches.
Leave it to Bare Décor to transform your usual and dull bathroom space into something special. The Bare Décor Erica Corner teak wood bath mat is probably the most exquisite and elegant looking spa mat on the list.
If you are someone who is looking for a stylish teak shower mat with optimal functionality, well, look no further! The Bare décor Erica Corner shower spa mat is your ideal pick.
- The Bare Décor Erica teak shower spa is manufactured from a wood that promotes good durability.
- The material is free from any harmful infections such as mildew or mold.
- The oiled finishing promotes elegant physical appearance and contributes to its premium quality end product
- Its efficient design makes it an ideal shower mat product for usage in a multitude of conditions such as sauna, spa, boat, deck, etc.
The dimension of the Bare Décor 30×30 Erica Corner as the name suggests has the dimension of 30 x 30 x 1.5 inches.
The AquaTeak wood mat is a good example of a product that is halfway between the traditional bulky teak bath mat and the foldable wood mat. It has a very good practical application, but it isn’t as heavy as other products.
- The non-slipping feet design of the AquaTeak Grate teak bath mat is much better than the usual anti-slip feet mechanism that most products use. It uses a stainless steel non-corroding and rubber gripping mechanism that run throughout the entire inner surface.
- It is a lightweight teak bath mat, and hence, it allows easy portability factor.
- The superior design of the product has even been featured in several Architectural design magazines
The AquaTeak Original Grate Teak has the dimension of 23.25 x 15.75 x 0.75 inches. The product weighs only about 4.50 pounds or 2kg.
As I have stated numerous times in this list, Bare Décor manufactures some of the best looking solid teak wood mats. The Giza teak bath mat is no different! In fact, it is the most unique looking shower bath in this list.
- Its naturally warm and slip-repellent design imparts optimal stability whenever you stand on it.
- The product comes fully pre-assembled from its shipping package, so there is no requirement for assembling the unit when it does arrive
- It’s two-way venting design enables it to quickly drain off water and also allows maximum airflow mechanism as well
The Bare Décor Giza has the dimension of 35.5 x 19.75 x 1.2 inches. It weighs about 10.3 pounds (4.67 kg) which is a bit on the heavier side.
There is no peculiar feature or specification about this teak bathroom mat that makes it a standout amongst all the products that I have mentioned. But, it ticks all the right boxes, and does what a proper mat is supposed to do, what more do you need?
- The AquaTeak teak bathroom mat provides a corrosion-resistant stainless steel foot that prevents the unit from slipping under any wet conditions.
- Its natural water-resistant design makes it ideal for any type of indoor/outdoor usage.
- Its lightweight feature promotes excellent portability with minimal upper body strength required to carry it around
The AquaTeak spa product weighs just about 4.5 lbs or 2.04kg. It features the dimension of 23.25 x 15.75 x 0.75 inches.
This product may be the last product, but it’s certainly not the least practical one. If anything, it is adverse to it. In fact, the Olelieroo luxury teak wood mat is one of the best value for money product On this list.
- It has six non-slip rubber pads that allow optimal stability even when kept on wet floors.
- The mineral oil coating finish gives it an elegant finish and promotes a rich and warm color finishing
- Smooth edge finishing promotes security and minimizes the risk of injury in case you stumble on it
The Ollieroo luxury spa bath mat weighs about 7.52 pounds which is equivalent to 3.4 kg. The product has a dimension of 23.6 x 15.7 x 1.4 inches.
Reasons To Get Teak Shower And Bath Mats
Teak bath mats can serve as a cover for shower floor or a pad in the tub, either way, they will look great and protect your family from standing and slipping on the cold and wet surfaces.
You see, teak wood is a specific material. It is so durable in damp environments that it is mainly used in boat building.
Because of its high content of oil, it is especially rewarding material for making furniture in damp areas like saunas and poolsides, as well as outdoors (patios and gardens).
It is water, pest and old resistant more than any other type of wood, not to mention plastic, textiles, and rubber.
Rubber, plastic, and textiles are a haven for mold and bacteria, which makes them slippery even after one use, as well as a risk for getting various infections on feet.
High temperature and humidity resistance
High oil content makes teak accessories resistant to high temperatures and humidity. That’s why it is often used for boat decks, outside furniture, in spas and around pools.
They can literary hold up for years without changing its look or shape and still, you won’t see any cracks in them. Plus teak wood easily dries on its own, so there’s no need to take it outside to dry it.
It has a high content of natural rubber, which makes its surface non-slipping. This makes teak bath mats crucial for parts of the bathroom where there is a possibility to slip and injure yourself.
For example, your shower cabin, bathtub or in front of them, so you don’t slip when you get outside the shower or bath.
This is especially important for children and older members of the family. Most of the teak mats come with anti-slip pads as an additional safety feature.
Teak wood is very durable
Teak wood isn’t prone to cracking because of its flexibility and natural resistance to moisture, heat, and even any weather exposure. Although the price of teak accessories may be somewhat higher than plastic or rubber made mats, their lifespan is several times longer.
It will serve its purpose for years and years. That’s why teak products usually come with several years of warranty.
Resistant to molding, bacteria, and fungus
Teak oil stays there for years and acts as a natural repellent for mold, bacteria, and fungus. Unlike plastic and rubber bath mats, teak shower mats won’t become slippery because of the mold, nor will it present a risk for you or your family members to pick some infection from it.
This doesn’t mean that you should not clean your wooden shower math from time to time, but that is also a piece of cake, unlike cleaning mats from other materials.
How to Clean Teak Wood Mats
Maintenance of Teak shower mat is a simple and straight forward method. You don’t have to be an expert to clean your teak bath mat after every usage or at regular intervals. Also, since it is naturally resistant to moisture, mold, and mildews, it does not require frequent attention.
For a quick clean, you can use a mild home-made soap solution and clean it off with a soft bristle brush.
For a more detailed and deeper cleaning option, you can use other teak cleaning products. These teak cleaner products are available in abundance and can be purchased from almost every market place.
For more detailed instructions, read our teak mat cleaning guide here.
Pick The Right Teak Bathroom Mat Finish
There are a few common options when it comes to finishes. But whether you buy natural, sealed or pre-weathered finish, which is the most common option, you can easily renew its look.
Natural or unfinished teak wood, which is originally golden brown, tends to turn to silvery grey color over time.
A sealed look means that the original color of the wood is preserved and it will not turn gray until the finish wears off with time (approximately a few years, depending on its usage). Preweathered finish means that teak was already turned to a silvery color and that silvery look is preserved.
In any case, by simply re-oiling it with teak oil, which you can buy in furniture stores, you can renew its look in a few minutes.
Since the list was about using teak products, it is only logical if you get to know more about the process of harnessing teak woods. Teak wood is native to Asian countries such as India, Malaysia, Thailand, and some parts of Southeast Asia as well.
It has found enormous application in various fields due to its various natural properties such as:
- Water-resistant: Teak wood is naturally water-resistant which makes them an ideal material for shower mats
- Durability: they have excellent durability, which prevents them from getting damaged over time
- Natural color: their rich and vibrant color gives them a premium appearance, and makes them an ideal material for furniture’s and bath mats
- Oil content: It has very high oil concentration which prevents them from decaying or aging quickly
It also exists in different forms depending on their location. Some of the types of teak wood are
- Tectona Grandis
- Philippine Teak
- Dahat Teak
- Bojonegoro Teak
- Banuywangi Teak
Purchasing a teak shower mat is a big deal! After all, you are diverting away from the traditional rug/rubber mat that we have grown so accustomed to. This review list should give you a clear idea about what features you need to prioritize when you are considering buying a teak bath mat.
All the products mentioned on the list are all great value for money. You can find your ideal pick depending on the type of mat you are looking for or depending on your budget range.